Thursday, October 8, 2009

Beau's Message

I don't know where the time goes sometimes. It seems like I blogged not too long ago and it's really been over a week. Whew! I knew I had to blog today when several things came together through spirit. It never ceases to amaze me how spirit works!

A woman who I had taken spiritual classes with a few years ago out of the blue emails me last night to say that there was a video I might want to watch. It is called "Baxter the Therapy Dog". If you go to You Tube and type that in it will come up. It is am amazing video of a 19 year old dog that was still in good health but unable to walk so he was transported around in a wagon. The wagon was loaded with pillows to make him very comfortable as he made his rounds as a therapy dog. He would visit Hospice patients in his wagon being pulled by his caretaker. It was very moving to witness this event. I hope you will take the time to watch it.

The dog in the video brought back to mind a dog that looked very much like Baxter the Therapy Dog. His name was Beau and I would do massage and Healing Touch for Animals for him once a month at the Doggie Day Care he was staying at. I know how much he and his Mom were bonded together and he certainly was her little man! Beau had been sick when I was working with him and I had lost touch with him and his caretaker. Seeing Baxter brought Beau back to my mind. It was funny because two days before I had an image of Beau pop in my head I knew I should probably get in touch Beau's owner to see how he was doing. The video just reinforced the thought of getting in touch with her.

When I got home this evening from work I had received an email from Beau's Mom saying that Beau had transitioned in May and that she was having a really tough time with his loss. The void for her, as it is for many of us, is a huge black hole that just makes us feel so lonely and alone. He was her rock and she was not afraid to admit that. Now with him gone the world seemed a little less secure.

So in the course of a few days I had three messages from spirit about Beau. Beau's Mom and I will talk next week and no doubt reminisce about who this very special little man was. In the mean time I will send Beau's Mom nothing but prayers during this very painful time. So I got Beau's message and to him I send lots of love!

Happy Trails,
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment