Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Impossible Communication?

People are often amazed when I tell them I talk with animals. They think that is the coolest thing and wished they could do it too. I tell them they can and most times already do. It is just a matter of understanding their language of telepathy. People can understand those silent thoughts that may pass between human and animal.

It is when I start talking about how I also talk with trees, rocks, water or the wind that they think I have gone off the deep end. I haven't, it is just that there is so much to hear and feel everyday and as humans we really are so walled off to everything I am amazed that we hear or feel anything at all. During the course of our day we may let slivers of things in but it is only that which we comprehend we allow in. Anything that might be out of the ordinary has no place in our logical minds.

I remember being at one of the workshops in late October I took at Spring Farm CARES in upstate New York. We had to do an exercise where we were to go out and just "be" with nature. If there were any messages we heard we were to bring them back and share them with the class. That whole week end it had rained and the ground was saturated. I began my trek across the road to the 100 acre field and forest. My boots kept sinking in the mud and the coat I had on didn't shield me too well from the cold rain. I followed a well worn path through the field of wild flowers to the woods. As I moved down the path through the woods I came upon a group of trees, they looked as if they were standing together as a family. There were a couple big ones and then a lot of little ones standing around them. I moved to the center of the trees and closed my eyes and was still. I could feel them as they embraced me and I felt the love coming from each one of them. I forgot about the rain, how cold I was or even how far my shoes had sunk into the mud. I was just standing there "being" just like the trees. I got lost in the moment.

It was in that quiet that I heard the rocks near by and the creek that was on the other side of the trees. Everything was alive and living and breathing just as I was. I was grateful to have that experience. Spring Farm is such a magical place to me, I recommend people go there and experience the animals and the land when ever they can.

When is the last time you were quiet enough to hear Mother Earth and her inhabitants? Breath with her and feel the magic of life and the wonder of being alive. Your animals do, why do you?

Happy Trails!
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment