Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Play Date

As I am sitting here thinking about what I would like to write about today I was disrupted by the sound of little paws running down the hallway followed by big paws running down the hallway. It seems Maggie, my Aussie, and Takla, my Lhasa Apso, were having a contest to see who could get to the end of the hall first. With that contest over they then ran into my office and proceeded to play together. Addison, my other Aussie, and I sat and watched as the two of them went round and round in circles. Takla was on her hind legs touching Maggie and as Maggie went in a circle Takla moved with her. It was interesting to watch how gentle Maggie was with her. Maggie if three times the size of Takla and could easily hurt her, but she doesn't. Takla tries to lick her face and Maggie starts the game again of running down the hallway.

They remind me to PLAY! Take the time to just enjoy being that free spirit of childhood. It's sad as adults we often have to plan play dates but the important thing is to just do it. I am guilty of not taking enough time to play so my dogs end up reminding me of what I need to do. So I am reminding you, schedule those play days! It's one of those things that can help keep you sane in this crazy world....

Play time must be over as I have three dogs looking at me for their after play snack!

Happy Trails,
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment